This page is the entry point to documentation on the CyberShake software platform.
If you are looking for the code:
- The workflow tools are available in the cybershake-tools Github repo
- The science code is available in the cybershake-core Github repo
We divide CyberShake training into the following elements:
- CyberShake data overview
- CyberShake code base
- CyberShake rupture file set
- CyberShake workflow middleware
- CyberShake utilities
CyberShake produces a variety of output data products. A description of each kind of data product, and how to access them, is available at CyberShake Data.
CyberShake code base
A detailed description of all the pieces of the CyberShake scientific simulation codes is available at CyberShake Code Base.
CyberShake rupture files
Rupture files serve as a key input to CyberShake simulations. More information on their role, location, and format is available at CyberShake Rupture Files.
CyberShake relies on Pegasus-WMS, HTCondor, and the Globus Toolkit running on shock.usc.edu, as well as code to generate a DAX description of the workflow. The workflow framework for CyberShake is described in detail at CyberShake Workflow Framework.
There are multiple ways to monitor a CyberShake workflow, both locally and remotely. We describe the different ways at CyberShake Workflow Monitoring.
During CyberShake study execution, we use an additional layer of automation and monitoring around the workflow framework. These components are described at CyberShake Study Framework.
The steps required to add new elements CyberShake are here: Adding to CyberShake.
A glossary defining terms as used in CyberShake is available here: CyberShake Glossary.
In 2017-18, Scott Callaghan led a 12-part series trainings for Kevin Milner and Phil Maechling, roughly following the order of the links above. These videos are available below.
- CyberShake training, part 1
- CyberShake training, part 2
- CyberShake training, part 3
- CyberShake training, part 4
- CyberShake training, part 5
- CyberShake training, part 6
- CyberShake training, part 7
- CyberShake training, part 8
- CyberShake training, part 9
- CyberShake training, part 10
- CyberShake training, part 11
- CyberShake training, part 12