SCEC Web Site
From SCECpediaJump to navigationJump to search
26 August 2014
5 Aug 2014
Project Development Principles: Use these principles to evaluate project decisions and priorities.
- Establish an efficient software development environment. Remove re-occurring barriers.
- Establish a software development environment that supports multiple developers.
- Understand the project “closure”, that is, all commercial software, custom codes, configuration settings, and data needed to make the project work. No hidden codes, configurations, or data.
- All custom code, configuration settings, and data under version control with backups.
- System, software, and site problem reporting and tracking system.
- Automate deployment process. No manual steps.
- Establish end to end process as early as possible.
PHASE 1 (ASAP, focus of next few weeks)
Brochure Content (Mark project lead) Annual Meeting pages (link to current pages, with new CSS, search attendees and abstracts still in Filemaker…. Or just only have proceedings volume) GROUPS: Research page and subpages as on scec.org now (or on scec4d.usc.edu/research) Search for orphaned pages (/phase3, /puentehills, old SCEC News, etc.) myDASHBOARD/ myPROFILE/ myLISTS (Tran project lead) User Profile/Registration/Mailing Lists Tran has done a lot of organization of comparing past, current, and needed metadata myPUBS Publications (Marquis project lead) Scrub current pub database (in process) Build new database & system Submit Review/Manage Display & Search News/Highlights (static text for now) Calendar of Events / Announcements: Static for now Social Media Integration (initial) Intern pages: Keep intern application in FM http://www.scec.org/education/college/internships/application.php in drupal (iframe) and the data goes to FM For completeness, here are my notes about Phase 2 and 3:
PHASE 2 (by leadership retreat)
SCEC Award Notification System (earlier than LR) Event Management Annual Meeting pages: search attendees and abstracts in new system People & Partners pages served from database GROUPS: Research page and subpages: each have a project page that group leaders can update List people who are involved??? Active researcher, collaborator, interested party / observer / ? myGroups Calendar of Events / Announcements (served from database) News/Highlights (served from database) Social Media Integration (more integrated)
PHASE 3 (by SCEC annual meeting)
Incorporation of wikis, other sites Intern Application and Management System Applications do not require usernames (separate table) UseIT site incorporation into new SCEC site Both are drupal, but UseIT uses different modules, and is “more Drupal”