Software Workshop 2018
SCEC held an Open Source software workshop in 2018 prior to the start of the 2018 SCEC annual meeting. There were were about 30 attendee's and about 6 staff people participating.
The most recent virtual box that includes CVM-H. This is the smallest and most recent virtual box we have created. We used it at a UCVM workshop a couple of weeks ago. If you download this .ova file and import it into Virtual box, you should be able to run a version of CVM-H on your Mac.
- Virtual Box Image (14GB)
There is a document from the workshop that describes a few demonstrations we ran using CVM-H.
There are presentation materials about UCVM and the demonstrations here:
- Install the VirtualBox guest additions & reboot. Need root privilege – user: root / pw: scecroot
- Either su root to do these actions or add your non-root user to /etc/sudoers so you can use sudo
- Google result for possible help: https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-virtualbox-guest-additions-on-centos-7-linux
- Set up shared folder: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VirtualBox/SharedFolders
- You may need to add your user to the vboxsf group to allow access to shared folder: sudo adduser <USERNAME> vboxsf